CMMC’s Cardiovascular Disease & Diabetes Prevention Program is a group program supporting participants to incorporate healthy eating and physical activity into everyday life to help prevent Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes.
Did you know?
Losing a few pounds and starting an exercise program can:
- Reduce your chance of getting diabetes
- Manage blood sugar
- Control high blood pressure
- Lower bad cholesterol
Cardiovascular Disease & Diabetes Prevention
The CMMC Cardiovascular Disease & Diabetes Prevention Program is an affordable, one-year program. Meetings cover topics about a healthy lifestyle program that focuses on diet, exercise, and barriers that relate to achieving a healthy diet and exercise plan. Active participant have access to the CMMC Fitness Center to assist them with developing an exercise program. A daily log of exercise and food intake will be expected of all participants.
Patient must be
- Age 18 years or over AND
- Overweight/obese BMI (BMI ≥ 25 kg/m2 or if Asian, BMI ≥ 23 kg/m2) AND
- Have one or more of the risk factors listed:
- Elevated blood glucose level of 75-gram oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) with 2-hour plasma glucose is 140-199 mg/dL, fasting plasma glucose (FPG) is 100-125 mg/dL, or A1C 5.7-6.4%
- Score 9 or higher on CDC prediabetes screening test.
- History of gestational diabetes
- Elevated blood pressure level of ≥130/80 mmHg OR treatment
- Abnormal lipid levels of HDL <50 mg/dL for women or <40 mg/dL for men, LDL >130 mg/dL, or triglycerides >150 mg/dL OR treatment
- Given birth to a baby weighing >9 pounds